英语阅读英语故事

名著精读《傲慢与偏见》第十章 第2节

本文已影响 1.63W人 

"How delighted Miss Darcy will be to receive such a Letter!"

名著精读《傲慢与偏见》第十章 第2节

“达西小姐收到了这样的一封信,将会怎样高兴啊!”

He made no answer.

他没有回答。

"You write uncommonly fast."

“你写信写得这样快,真是少见。”

"You are mistaken. I write rather slowly."

“你这话可说得不对。我写得相当慢。”

"How many letters you must have occasion to write in the course of the year! Letters of business too! How odious I should think them!"

“你一年里头得写多少封信啊。还得写事务上的信,我看这是够厌烦的吧!”

"It is fortunate, then, that they fall to my lot instead of to yours."

“这么说,这些信总算幸亏碰到了我,没有碰到你。”

"Pray tell your sister that I long to see her."

“请你告诉令妹,我很想和她见见面。”

"I have already told her so once, by your desire."

“我已经遵命告诉过她了。”

"I am afraid you do not like your pen. Let me mend it for you. I mend pens remarkably well."

“我怕你那支笔不大管用了吧。让我来代你修理修理。修笔真是我的拿手好戏。”

"Thank you -- but I always mend my own."

“谢谢你的好意,我一向都是自己修理。”

"How can you contrive to write so even?"

“你怎么写得那么整齐来着?”

He was silent.

他没有作声。

"Tell your sister I am delighted to hear of her improvement on the harp, and pray let her know that I am quite in raptures with her beautiful little design for a table, and I think it infinitely superior to Miss Grantley's."

“请告诉令妹,就说我听到她的竖琴弹得进步了。真觉得高兴,还请你告诉她说,她寄来给我装饰桌子的那张美丽的小图案,我真喜欢极了,我觉得比起格兰特小姐的那张真好得太多了。”

"Will you give me leave to defer your raptures till I write again? -- At present I have not room to do them justice."

“可否请你通融一下,让我把你的喜欢,延迟到下一次写信时再告诉她?这一次我可写不下这么多啦。”

"Oh! it is of no consequence. I shall see her in January. But do you always write such charming long letters to her, Mr. Darcy?"

“噢,不要紧。正月里我就可以跟她见面。不过,你老是写那么动人的长信给她吗,达西先生?”

"They are generally long; but whether always charming, it is not for me to determine."

“我的信一般都写得很长;不过是否每封信都写得动人,那可不能由我自己来说了。”

"It is a rule with me, that a person who can write a long letter, with ease, cannot write ill."

“不过我总觉得,凡是写起长信来一挥而就的人,无论如何也不会写得不好。”

us adj. 可憎的,讨厌的

Comparisons are odious.
人比人,气死人。

rive v. 发明,设计,图谋,设法做到

Can you contrive to be here early?
你能不能设法早到点?

ure n. 狂喜 vt. 使狂喜

In rapture some little boys and girls were listening to an interesting story.
一些男孩和女孩正非常高兴地听一个有趣的故事。

consequence adj. 有意义(重要,具有 ... 意义)

He is a man of consequence in the Labour Party.
他是工党中举足轻重的人物。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章