英语阅读英语阅读理解

双语美文:拥有自知之明真的很重要

本文已影响 3.12K人 

Perhaps you've already met many people who think “I am a person who distinguishes right from wrong.”

双语美文:拥有自知之明真的很重要

或许你已经遇到过很多自认为“我是个明辨是非的人”的人。

I have. And I really feel sorry for them.

我就遇到过。我真的为他们感到遗憾。

Once you have this label on you, you basically just shut the door of recognizing yourself.

一旦贴上了这个标签,那你基本就彻底关上了认清自己的大门。

Unfortunately, this label is still very common.

而很遗憾,这个标签还是很普遍的。

That's why we see so many disputes and battles online every day.

因此我们每天才能在网上看到这么多争端和骂战。

Everyone feels that their value judgment is the right one and calls their own values justice.

每个人都觉得自己的价值判断是正确的那个,并把自己的价值观称为正义。

But in fact, what they really care about is not the truth, nor fairness or justice, but their own moral superiority.

但实际上他们真正在关心的并不是真相,也不是公平和正义,而是自己的道德优越感。

I don't know if you have noticed that people with poor cognitive ability are often more likely to label themselves.

不知道你有没有发现,身边那些认知能力差的人,往往更爱给自己贴标签。

Such as “I am righteous”, “I am a good person”, “I have principles”, and “I have taste”.

比如“我仗义”、“我是好人”、“我有原则”、“我有品位”。

They are not bragging, they really think so.

这不是他们在故意吹牛,他们真就这么认为。

That is the consequence of labeling oneself.

这就是给自己贴标签的结果。

They use these labels to block out what makes them uncomfortable and unfortunately the possibility of making changes as well.

他们用这些标签屏蔽掉了那些让自己不适的东西,同时也屏蔽掉了改变的可能性。

 

翻译:Frank)

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章