口语英语实用生活英语口语

美语情景对话 第225期:Football 足球

本文已影响 2.31W人 

Todd: Hey, Lois, so what do you think about the World, not the World Cup, the Euro Cup so far?

托德:嗨,洛伊斯,你认为世界杯,不是欧洲杯怎么样?

Lois: So far it's been an interesting tournament. I didn't expect to see Greece and Portugal make it to the final. I was a little bit disappointed with England's performance, but I think they were beaten by a better team.

洛伊斯:目前来看,这是一项有趣的锦标赛。我没想到会是希腊和葡萄牙在决赛中相遇。我对英格兰的表现有失望,不过我想他们是被更强的球队打败了。

Todd: Yeah, really, you think so!

托德:对,你真的这么想吗?

Lois: I think on the day Portugal probably played better than we did and even though we were unlucky because we had a goal disallowed in the last minute, but yeah, at the end of the day, I think at the end of the day, they probably deserved to win.

洛伊斯:我想那天葡萄牙队可能比我们踢得好,不过我们不太走运,因为我们在最后一刻的进球不算,但是,我想最后的结果,他们理应获胜。

Todd: Mm, so what happened in the match?

托德:嗯,那比赛中发生什么了?

Lois: So I think if I remember correctly, the match was 2-all, but I can't remember exactly now. No, 1-all because at the last minute England scored to make it 2-1, but that goal was disallowed so then it went to extra time and then I think Portugal scored first, then England scored again to make it 2-all and then it went to penalties, and David Beckham missed, uh a terrible terrible goal, missed a penalty, and then I think Portugal missed one and then England missed again and then Portugal's goalkeeper scored and then it was all over.

洛伊斯:如果我没记错的话,比分是2比2平,不过我现在记不太清了。不对,是1比1平,因为英格兰在最后时刻进球使比分变成了2比1,但是那个进球不算,所以两对打了加时赛,然后葡萄牙队在加时赛中先进了球,不过之后英格兰队搬平了比分,两对打成2比2平,之后就进入了点球大战,大卫·贝克汉姆射失了点球,太糟糕了,射失了点球,我想后来葡萄牙队也射失了一个点球,不过英格兰队再次踢丢了点球,然后葡萄牙队的守门员踢进了点球,比赛就结束了。

Todd: Ah, well, maybe next time.

托德:啊,嗯,也许下次。

Lois: Maybe, maybe World Cup in Germany in 2006.

洛伊斯:也许,下届世界杯将于2006年在德国举行。

Todd: So who do you think is going to win it all?

托德:你认为谁会夺得冠军?

Lois: So in the first match, it was Portugal against Greece and Greece won 2-1, so although Greece are the underdogs, I think maybe they can win, but it is in Portugal, so maybe Portugal will win with the home crowd.

洛伊斯:第一场比赛就是葡萄牙对阵希腊,当时希腊以2比1赢了葡萄牙,不过尽管希腊处于下风,我想他们可能会赢,不过这届欧洲杯是在葡萄牙举行的,也许葡萄牙会在主场观众的助威中拿下冠军。

Todd: Are you going to watch it?

托德:你会看决赛吗?

Lois: I would love to watch it, but in Japan it's on at 3:45 in the morning, and so I don't think I'm going to miss my sleep to watch it.

洛伊斯:我想看,可是决赛时间是日本时间的凌晨3点45分,我想我不会牺牲我的睡眠时间看比赛。

美语情景对话 第225期:Football 足球

重点讲解:
1. be disappointed with
对……感到失望;
eg. No, I have to say I am very disappointed with you.
不,我得说我对你感到很失望。
eg. We are indeed disappointed with the way this has all turned out.
事情变成这样,我们实感遗憾。
2. derserve to do
值得干某事;
eg. They rightly deserve to be given such assurance.
给他们作出这样的保证,也是理所当然的。
eg. That film doesn't deserve to be mentioned.
那个电影不值得一提。
eg. We deserve to be treated respectfully.
我们理应受到礼遇。
3. all over
结束;完了;
eg. It's all over. There's nothing to be afraid of now.
一切都结束了。现在没有什么可怕的了。
eg. I am glad it's all over.
我很高兴一切都结束了。

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章