口语英语口语英语练习小对话

“贿赂别人”,用英语怎么说?大纲

本文已影响 1.26W人 

你知道英语中的“贿赂”怎么说吗?看看《闻香识女人》的这个片段是怎么说的吧。

“贿赂别人”,用英语怎么说?

对话原文

 

I was offered a bribe.

有人贿赂我 

Oh, now we're cooked.

有点开窍了 

Mr. Trask, the headmaster.

校长垂斯克先生 

He promised to get me into Harvard.

答应让我进哈佛 

If you squeal.

只要你告密 

What a dilemma.

真是悲剧 

Should Charlie Simms accept a free ride into Harvard or not?

查理·西门该不该搭便车进哈佛 

What do you think your friend George would do if he were in your shoes?

易地而处 你觉得乔治会怎么做 

He is, practically.

他一定会 

How?

怎么说 

I mean, it's just that k hasn't promised to get him into Harvard.

垂克斯先生没说要送他进哈佛 

k doesn't have to.

他没必要

George's father's gonna take care of that.

乔治的爹会想办法的 

Do the deal, Charlie.

点头吧 查理 

Take it. Go to Harvard.

进哈佛去 

I can't do that.

我不能这么做 

Why not?

为什么不能

It's just some things you just can't do.

有些事你就是不能做 

Explain them to me.

解释给我听 

Louder, please.

大声一点 拜托 

I can't...

我不能 

You're gonna have a tough time in this world, Charlie.

你在这世上 可要吃苦头了

 

今日重点:

 

贿赂:bribe。除了作名词的贿赂,还可以作动词,“向……行贿”,bribe sb

校长:headmaster

承诺promise to do sth

告密:squeal。作动词这个词还表示“惊声尖叫”,作名词表示“尖叫声”

进退两难:dilemma

免费搭车:a free ride。引申为“占便宜”

处于某人的位置:in one's shoes。本义为“穿着某人的鞋子”

接受这笔交易:do the deal

 

猜你喜欢

热点阅读

最新文章